Want to lose 6 pounds in 1 week? Seems a bit far-fetched but it is not impossible, in fact, you have a fair chance. Losing weight takes motivation and determination. Sometimes outside motivation will help as people you are close to will encourage you, but sometimes it can also be a hindrance. If you want to lose 6 pounds in 1 week, then here are some proven ideas to achieve this goal.
Important facts about weight loss
While it’s possible to lose 6 pounds in one week, it won’t be pure body fat. Most of the weight we carry is due to excess water. Therefore, during rapid weight loss, the body will get rid of excess water first. After riding the body of excess water, you will gradually burn carbs, softer fats then more complex fatty acids. Overall weight loss will progress steadily over time but losing a good amount of weight in a short period of time is possible to accomplish.
Along with body fat and water weight, you will also lose weight due to less intestinal waste and undigested food and fiber in the digestive system. While losing 6 pounds in 1 week, remember it is important to keep your body nourished and hydrated. Nourishment can come from adding vitamins and supplements to decreased diet as well as increased fiber, protein and low calorie fluids.
Steps to lose 6 pounds in 1 week
Cut the carbs
Following a low-carb diet for a few days can help you lose weight fast. Low carb diets have shown to be an effective way to lose weight. Decrease in carb intake can also help to reduce water weight and bloating. A low carb diet will show results on the scale in just a day.
· Eliminate simple carbs and starchy foods. You can do this by cutting sugar, candies, pastries and sweet snacks all together.
· Drink no carb or low carb beverages.
· Eat complex carbohydrates and fiber rich foods like vegetables and whole grains.
Up the fluids
Drinking a lot of water can help you to lose weight. Water is not only important for hydrating your cells, but also aids in metabolic processes and can make you feel fuller. Water has no calories so it’s good thing to include a lot when dieting. If you cannot tolerate plain water like many others do, simply add a low calorie or zero calorie sweetener to your water to make it more palatable.
· Drink more than you eat. Drink no calorie or low calorie beverages.
· Try to drink at least 8 glasses of water each day.
· High protein beverages can keep you full and energized all day.
· Get in the habit of drinking tea. Tea is soothing and can help your stomach feel better while you’re on a diet. Having a cup or two of plain tea at nights can help you relax.
Count the calories
Never mind when people say “never count your calories”. Calories are an important factor in weight loss. To lose 6 pounds in 1 week you have to keep your calories in check. Your aim should be to eat meals with the lowest calories count possible. To do this:
· Use a calorie counting tool to check the calories content of foods before you eat.
· Keep a log of all the foods and beverages you consume each day.
· Substitute a meal or two with beverages low in calorie. You can have liquid breakfast or breakfast bar, full lunch, high protein beverage dinner, and water or low calorie beverage snacks throughout the day.
· Look at the calorie quantity of meals on the menu when you eat out. A beef burger with extra cheese, bacon and mayo can amount to over 600 calories, while a grilled chicken sandwich with cheese and vegetables could add up to just 400 calories. Both burgers are ample for a complete meal but one has 200 more calories than the other.
Substitute vegetables for carbs
Vegetables can be a great substitute for starchy foods like rice and pasta as they are low in calorie. Cabbage for example, can be used as a substitute for pasta and it is highly nutritious and low in calorie. Try chicken and cabbage for dinner sometimes. Another way to use vegetables to lose weight is by eating salads without dressing. Eat salads with some form of protein when possible. To lose six pounds in 1 week, eat mostly vegetable meals along with no or low carb beverages. Just fill up on veggies at every mealtime opportunity.
Exercise to lose 6 pounds in 1 week
Exercise is one of the best ways to burn fat and improve your appearance. Exercise is a great way to boost weight loss. Resistance training, such as weight lifting, can lead to a similar amount of weight loss as regular aerobic training. Resistance training also helps maintain or build muscle mass and reduce the body’s carb stores and water weight.
If you would rather not lift weights, aerobic, low impact and high impact exercises can help as well. Your choice of exercise will depend on the amount of stress your body can handle. High intensity interval training (HIIT) exercise is great for people who are used to exercising and can manage intense exercise for a few minutes at a time. Low intensity exercise may be suitable for persons who have physical issues and can manage low intensity exercise for a few minutes.
Any method of exercise you choose will result in calorie burns, however, higher intensity exercise burn way more calories and will hence help you to lose weight faster.
There are many ways to lose 6 pounds in 1 week. This can be accomplished by reducing calorie intake and exercising. Reducing carb intake by cutting high calorie beverages and foods can dramatically improve weight loss efforts. Filling up on more vegetables and protein as well as drinking water regularly will make weight loss almost effortless. It is important to remember to keep check of all the meals eaten and check your calorie intake.